Sunday 7 June 2015

Pugliese Sunset


So often I seem to see the most fantastic sunsets waiting for a plane.  I guess it's a combination of having time on your hands and that airports usually give you a big view of the sky.  This was what I saw from the departure lounge of Bari Airport yesterday as the sun went down behind the Adriatic.

I was feeling very tired having drunk too much alcohol over the preceding week.  A bit strung out and tense as well.  And alone.  I would like to have started a conversation with someone, anyone.  But my English reserve cut in and I remained silent, while trying to look enigmatic.

My thoughts turned to home as the queue for the plane began to form, even before it had landed.  Home?  Our house in Puglia or England and dad's little bungalow or both?

Missing dad.  Missing Sue.  Feeling lost and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment