Thursday 25 June 2015

On the Plane Again

I'm on my way to collect my motorbike from Puglia.  This is the start of a new set of travels, first to Italy, then shortly after I return to the UK, Vietnam and Borneo, to celebrate mine and Sue's sixtieth birthdays.

It started at ten am with a bus from dad's place into town.  This zigzagged through the suburbs picking up mainly elderly folk off to do the shopping.  Then at Lincoln Central Station the first of three trains getting me to Stansted Airport via Newark, Peterborough, March, Ely and Cambridge.  I looked at the flat landscape with a new interest as I've recently been thinking about buying a pied a terre with the proceeds of the sale of dad's bungalow and I've been considering somewhere closer to Stansted.  Ely looked especially attractive as we skirted the town and I got a view of the cathedral with a large marina in the foreground.

Now I'm on the very familiar Ryanair flight to Bari, my impatience building as we get closer.  After we land I get the new metro service from the airport to the city centre and stay overnight at a hotel before getting the train to Locorotondo, where hopefully young Paolo will give me a lift back to Contrada Papariello.


Can't wait to get back onto my faithful steed for the trip back to the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment