Saturday 6 June 2015

Bar Fod


I've spent the last week at home in Puglia.  For my last evening I went out with our friend Pat to Il Cucco, one of our favourite restaurants in Cisternino and then to Bar Fod, my favourite bar in all the world, in one of the central piazzas of the beautiful little town.

It's still early in the season so although the days are pleasantly warm and sunny there are still very few tourists around and the outside chairs and tables of the bar were only half full.  Last night was a bit chilly and the bar staff were handing out bright yellow blankets to anyone who was feeling the cold.

I had an ice-cream, a coffee and a small grappa and did what I always do in Bar Fod - lay back and watch the people passing by - old ladies with dogs, canoodling couples, anxious Brits glued to their guidebooks and those not so easy to place.

I shall be sad to leave today.  Back to dad's tatty little bungalow, waiting for something to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment