Thursday 25 August 2011

Argh!!! (continued)

Ha, ha!  Nearly two weeks ago I expected that our lives would by now have some shape and clarity.  Well not quite.  Sue had her interview and on Monday was made a provisional job offer by the British Council in Borneo.  However, since then we have heard nothing further despite the fact that the job is meant to start in less than two weeks.  Knowing how Byzantine the processes are for this kind of overseas aid work Sue can’t yet be sure that the job is in the bag and therefore can’t really begin preparing to go.  I know she is excited about the job and in her head she is already driving around remote village schools, but she is also conflicted about leaving our home.  Over the last couple of days she has been taking pot plants from off our terrace and planting them on our land – as if she is releasing them into the wild, which made me sad.

I heard nothing about the interim management job I went for and sent an email to the agency last Friday when the same job was readvertised.  I actually got quite a polite email saying they were still deciding who to put forward to the client and would get back to me.  So a glimmer of hope remains about this.  I also had a derisory offer for “La Fulica” a couple of days ago, which I would nevertheless have accepted outright, were it not for the fact that it also involved delivering her to Greece.

Basically I feel powerless.  Constantly in anticipation of an email which will create some more certainty and unable to do much to make anything happen.  Well maybe in another two weeks …. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment