Saturday 15 November 2014

Hello Goodbye

I took this picture of dad and me two days ago. It was my last evening in the UK.  I'd just bought a load of second-hand camera equipment and it came with a remote controller, which I'd pointed and clicked at the camera with my left hand a split second before.  I made several attempts and this is one of the best.

I said "goodbye" to dad yesterday morning then drove to Stansted. At Bari I was picked up by a minivan and taken to the underground carpark where I left my motorbike four weeks ago, parked next to a rather cool Chevy Corvette. The ride was dark and chilly and climbing the ridge back up to our house I hit thick cloud which left me and the bike running with condensation.

After a fitful night I awoke to a stunning autumnal dawn.  I wandered around in my onesie taking photos, my heart thumping with the excitement of being home.

Sometimes life goes too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment