Thursday 1 December 2011

Bye bye Puglia

I'm just waiting for Cosimo our wireless internet man to come and disconnect our service, so it seemed like a good moment to send a last message from Puglia, at least for now.

Everything is pretty much stowed away and my bags are packed.  It's a fantastic sunny day here as if to mock my leaving.  For most of the past ten days since I returned from the UK its been wet and horrible, making it difficult to do much outside.

Looking back over the past few months I've got a lot done, including late last week showing a prospective buyer over La Fulica and agreeing a deal, which I hope will be finalised before Christmas.

I leave tomorrow morning at 4.00am for Bari Airport, to where our neighbour Paolo is very kindly giving me a lift.  Erminia has been pretty good about all our comings and goings.  I've only had one "of course I'll probably be dead by the time you return" and even that was said with a twinkle in her eye.  But then southern Italians understand the business of migration, it's been an economic necessity here for centuries.  What she can never get her head round however is that we might actually want to this.

OK, Im signing off before Cosimo gets here and drags me from the keyboard.  "Bye, bye,Puglia, I will miss you and look forward to coming back after our adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment