Wednesday 28 July 2010

Message in a virtual bottle?

My first post to my first blog. Sat at my laptop in my bedroom, the shutters closed to keep out the Sun. Fifty five and still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. I feel like one of an infinite number of monkeys, tap, tap, tapping away. Actually in my case the tapping is very intermittent as I am unsure of my purpose. The photo by the way was taken in Napoli.

Sue is at the other end of the house surfing the internet. Milly is no doubt curled up on the tiles in a quiet corner of a quiet room trying not to move. This must be very difficult when all your instincts are telling you to bark at every strange noise and every plaintive yap from the half-rat half-dog that lives up the road.

July and August are our dog days too. Neither of us are working at the moment and there is not much to do on our acre of land at the height of the Summer when the olive trees go into stasis and most of the weeds shrivel up and die. It is a time for trips to the beach and partying with friends. But, I haven't yet done either of these things and I can't shake off a vague feeling of guilt for having nothing pressing to do.

I'm not complaining - I've had enough "interesting times" to know that bored is OK. I guess that's at least one reason why I'm writing this blog ...

No comments:

Post a Comment